Every year since Pokémon GO launched in 2016, Niantic has deployed a New Year’s Event allowing trainers to catch special creatures in celebration of the year’s end, and 2024 is set to open with a bang.
Throughout the year, Niantic holds many events on Pokémon GO. Whether it’s to celebrate a Holiday, Fashion Week, or even just a monthly Community Day where trainers can bag up some rare creatures, Niantic continues to add events that keep Pokémon GO relevant in today’s gaming landscape.
This New Year’s Day 2024, Niantic has opened the floodgates to the New Year’s Event again, where trainers can flock en masse during the opening days of the year and catch specially dressed Pokémon, or just incredibly rare ones like the ever elusive Shiny Variants. Trainers are in luck, as Niantic has revealed the details surrounding the massive Pokémon GO event before the New Year. There’s even an event flyer fans can check out just below!
Pokémon GO New Year’s Event 2024 Features Bonuses Active During the Event –
- 1/2 Hatch Distance Needed for Pokémon placed in incubators during the event, and 1/4 Hatch Distance for the first three Eggs hatched during the event using the Pokémon GO Egg hatching widget (bonuses do not stack).
- A new Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff will be making their debut, complete with a ribbon accessory. If trainers are lucky, they can both be the Shiny Variant!
- One-star Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander, Hoot-Hoot, and Wurmple raids will be sporting unique duds for the event, and all of these outfitted Pokémon can be found in Shiny forms.
- Three-star raids provide more outfits for the New Year, Wobbuffet, Gengar, Nodorino, and Raticate can be challenged in their New Year formal outfits (they’re just hats).
- For the harder raids, Mega Ampharos is back up (yes, it can be Shiny as well) for the event, and Ultra Beasts will invade different Global regions. Buzzwole for the Americas and Greenland, Xurkitree for Asia, and Pheromosa for the Middle East, Africa and India.
Eggs – 7km eggs found during the event will contain special creatures with a Shiny chance. Starting with Pichu wearing a party hat, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Azurill, and Wynaut. In the item shop, a new Darumaka hat can be found for purchase, and it will remain after the event ends. Speaking of, Darumaka, Hoot-hoot, and Jigglypuff sporting the new ribbon can also be found in the wild, with a proper Shiny chance.
The Pokémon GO New Year’s Event for 2024 kicks off on January 1 and concludes on January 3, so trainers will need to remain vigilant to secure rare creatures in the short event time. Fans can swing over to the official Niantic website for more information.